Books and Publications:
CPCC PROSTATE CANCER BROCHURE. http://prostatecalif.org/cpcc-brochure/
ADVANCED CANCER AND PALLIATIVE CARE TREATMENT GUIDELINES FOR PATIENTS, Version 1 /October 2003, published by National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/patient_gls/_english/_palliative/ index.htm
PROSTATE CANCER REVISED EDITION, Version !!! /October 2002, published jointly by the American Cancer Society and the National Comprehensive Cancer Network. ISBN 0-37 5-75319-2.and can be ordered from either NCCN at 1-888-909-NCCN or the ACS at 1-800-ACS-2345
PROSTATE CANCER TREATMENT OPTIONS – A Guide to the Basics, 2000, by Will Connell, published Edconco Press, P. O. Box 357, Grass Valley, CA 95945. ISBN 0-9673892-1-6. www.prostatecanceroptions.com
NEW GUIDELINES for SURVIVING PROSTATE CANCER, 1997, by James Lewis, Jr., PhD., published by Health Education Literary Publisher, P. O. Box 948, Westbury, NY 11590. ISBN 1-883257-13-1
MEN, WOMEN and PROSTATE CANCER, 2000, by Barbara Rubin Wainrib, Ed.D. and Sandra Haber, Ph.D. published by A New Harbinger Publications, Inc., 5674 Shattuck Avenue, Oakland, CA 94609 ISBN 1-57224-182-9 www.newharbinger.com
PROSTATE CANCER: What it is and how it is treated, A Booklet for Patients – Published by AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP, 1800 Concord Pike, P. O. Box 15437, Wilmington, DE 19850-5437
THE ABCs of PROSTATE CANCER, 1997, by Joseph E. Oesterling, MD. and Mark A Moyad, MPH. Available on Amazon.com and one of the best introductions to the disease, very well illustrated. Old, but still very good.
A PRIMER on PROSTATE CANCER, 2002, by Stephen B. Strum, MD and Donna Pogliano, available on Amazon.com and replete with the very latest treatments. This book is for those who want more depth.
Videos on Prostate Cancer
The Fullerton Prostate Forum has a very large video library on important prostate cancer subjects featuring expert prostate cancer MDs/Researchers. We have selected a sampling of these videos and make them available to support groups and individuals who need them. These videos were made by Russ Thomas, a survivor and currently the CEO of the Prostate Forum of Orange County.
It should be noted that these videos were made using a digital video camera and are available on DVD. These videos are not studio quality, but we believe they contain important information that is not readily available to most prostate cancer patients and Support Groups. Prostate Cancer Support Groups should consider integrating these videos into their monthly program for a support group meeting.
A complete list of videos including important PC topics featuring renowned/expert MD/Researcher is now available on our web site at: www.prostateforum.org. Just click on “videos”.
A sample list of Videos is provided from the Prostate Forum’s Video library featuring expert Speakers, and can be downloaded by CPCC membership and guest by clicking on the link opposite the video number, as follows:
“Xofigo (Radium 223) and Pallative External Beam Radiotherapy for Bone Metastasis” by Jekwon Yeh, M.D. speaking at the Forum on September 24, 2015. About 60 minutes. (Uploaded November 15, 2015)
- “Intensity-Modulated Proton Beam Therapy of Prostate Cancer”by Carl Rossi, M.D., speaking at the Forum on August 27, 2015. About 80 minutes. (Uploaded November 15, 2015)
- “Focal Cryoablation and Cryoimmunotherapy”by Duke Bahn, M.D., speaking at the Forum on July 23, 2015. About 55 minutes. (Uploaded November 15, 2015.
- “PCa Update & Reflections on Robotic Prostatectomy at UC Irvine, CA”by Thomas Ahlering, M.D. speaking at the Forum on June 25, 2015. About 90 minutes. (Uploaded November 15, 2015)
- “Treating Prostate Cancer with Radiation Therapy with Emphasis on IMRT(including Calypso) or Cyber Knife“by Don B. Fuller, M.D., speaking at the Forum on May 28, 2015. About 70 minutes. (Uploaded August 10, 2015)
- ” Hormone Therapy for Prostate Cancer – The Latest Thinking”by Mark Scholz, M.D., speaking at the Forum on April 23, 2015. About 105 minutes. (Uploaded August 10, 2015)
- “The CHAARTED Study of the Advantage of Early Chemothereapy Treatment”by Tanya Dorff, M.D., speaking at the Forum on January 22, 2015. About 60 minutes. (Uploaded April 10, 2015)
- “Bone Density Checking for Osteoporosis:MRI versus Dexa or QCT scans. About 80 minutes. (Uploaded January 13, 2015)
- “What Prostate Cancer Patients Want To Know”by John Feller, M.D., speaking at the Forum on September 25, 2014. About 85 minutes. (Uploaded January 13, 2015)
- “What’s New in Prostate Cancer Treatments”by Richard Lam, M.D., speaking at the Prostate Forum on August 28, 2014. About 90 minutes. (Uploaded January 13, 2015)
- “Carbon – 11 Acetate PET/CT Imaging of the Prostate – an update” by Fabio Almeida, M.D., speaking at the Prostate Forum on July 24, 2014. About 80 minutes. (Uploaded January 13, 2015)
- “Non-Invasive Real-Time Tracking in Prostate Radiotherapy”by Paul J. Kim, M.D., speaking at the Prostate Forum on June 26, 2014. About 80 minutes. (Uploaded January 27, 2015)
- Metformin: Overwhelming Laboratory and Early Evidence In Patients of Generalized Anti-tumor Activity with Minimal Side Effects.A PowerPoint slide presentation and lecture by Glenn Tismann, M.D. at the Prostate Forum on May 22, 2014. 43 slides, takes about 9 minutes to view at 12 seconds intervals. There is no sound. (Uploaded May 29, 2014)
- “Advances in Prostate Cancer Management: Where we have been and where we are going” by Charles Metzger, M.D. speaking at the Prostate Forum on January 23, 2014. About 80 minutes. (Uploaded February 25, 2014)